Brown Aluminum Oxide
Brown (fused) aluminum oxide is a tough, all-purpose virgin grain produced to conform to all major industrial and U.S. government standards. Controlled, uniform crystal size, cleanliness. and dense structure makes it widely used for grinding wheels, pressure blasting and general industrial applications. Available in sizes 6-240 grit.
Mohs Hardness: 8-9
Bulk Density: 110 lbs cuft
- Hard and long lasting abrasives
- Typically used in blast cabinet and rooms because of recyclability
- Used in Vibratory Media as a cutting agent
- Aluminum oxide used as a grinding and polishing media
- Very hard and sharp abrasive
Brown Aluminum Oxide Applications
Grinding Wheels – Industrial abrasive grinding wheels
Pressure Blasting – May be used wet or dry on wood, metal, glass, ceramics, plastics, rubber, stone, and other materials. Can remove scale, rust, paint, and burrs, Can clean, cut, polish, and etch.
Non-slip surfaces – Walkways, stair treads, flight decks, parking ramps, boat launching facilities.