Plana II Flat Sand Valve
12 in stock
Our Plana II Flat Sand Valve is an Abrasive Control Valve that is not only simple in design but also sophisticated. With a housing that’s constructed from strong SG iron and a metering plate constructed from stainless steel, the Plana II Flat Sand Valve has evolved from it’s original design. The Plana II Flat Sand Valve uses a set of nylon wiper seals that provide sealing on each side of the metering plate. This prevents jamming of the valve metering plate, a common problem in other types of flat control valves. In addition, the wiper seal design also allows the valve to be used with a wide range of non-metallic and metallic abrasives. A large clean out/inspection port, along with a drain port, are provided for greatly improved servicing and maintenance.
Features of the Plana II Flat Sand Valve:
- 1-1/4″ abrasive feed port – aka the bottom of the pot!
- 45 degree design to minimize internal wear
- Robust SG iron housing
- Single stainless steel metering plate
- Mineral and metallic abrasive capable
- Heavy duty tubular handle
- Improved metering plate stem seals
- Nylon wiper seals to prevent jamming
- 3/4″ Clean out port, inspection, drain, and pressurization ports
- Pressurization ports allow the valve to flush out any blockages
- 1-1/4″ abrasive exit port
- Service kits available
Check out this YouTube video for more information on this and other metering valves. Do not use steel abrasive with this valve. The service rebuild kit (30-501) can be found in our Replacement Parts category. Need a WYE connection or Barrel Nipple? Check out our 30-502 for a 1-1/4″ WYE Connection and the 30-503 barrel nipple here!
- Clemco 02427
- A-BEC 341-0683
- IDS 102-4350, 341-0683
Blue Dog Blasting SKU #
You may also like…
1-1/4″ WYE Pipe$35.65 Add to cart