Express Chem – Express Blast Rust Preventative
I recommend this product
Great experience all the way around!!!
*The following is taken from the Express Blast Data Sheet.
Express Blast is a single component salt removing, flash rust preventing, and de-greasing additive. Use to remove all contaminants including salts, oil, and blast residue. Use this product in conjunction with power washing, power wash after dry abrasive blasting, wet abrasive blasting, or waterjetting. ExpressBlast is also effective when used with hand tool or power tool cleaning. Sold as a 5 gallon bucket of concentrate. That’s 500 gallons of usable rust preventative at a 100:1 ratio.
Features of Express Blast:
- Flash rust prevented for approximately 48 hours, often longer with no rain and temperature above 40°F (4°C).
- Surface salts including chlorides, sulfates, nitrates, and all other salts are generally undetectable after proper use.
- Immediately soluble in water or hydrocarbon solvents such as mineral spirits and xylene.
- Non-hazardous, non-toxic and non-flammable.
- Biodegradable, colorless, and odorless.
- Phosphate and acid-free.
- Last but not least, ExpressBlast evaporates with the water in which it is dissolved. The surface can be primed immediately after evaporation.
- Steel, Iron, Galvanized Steel, Aluminum, and Stainless Steel
- Concrete and CMU Block (cinder block)
Characteristics of Express Blast:
- Prevents flash rusting of uncovered surfaces and provides rust-free window of 48 hours or longer with no rain, condensation and temperature above 40°F (4°C). Rust-free window for interior storage of ExpressBlast-treated surfaces can be significantly longer.
- Prime ExpressBlast-treated surface as quickly as possible in accordance with coating manufacturer requirements. Ensure surface is dry and before flash rusting appears.
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in a cool and dry place.
- Weight is 8.6 lbs. per gallon.
- Mass density is approximately 62.43 lbs./ cubic foot (1 gram/cubic meter).
Instructions for Use:
- Typically used in both blast water and wash down water cycles.
- Normally used in pressure washers, wet/ slurry and vapor abrasive blast equipment. Also used in ultra high pressure (UHP) water jetting equipment or after dry abrasive blasting.
- Dilute to 50 – 250:1 ratio with water depending on the application, humidity and level of surface contamination. Dilution ratio of 100:1 is most common for blast and wash water cycles.
- For high humidity environments with highly contaminated substrates, 50:1 dilution ratio may be necessary for both cycles. Typically, a 100:1 ratio is recommended for both cycles. After dry blasting, 50:1 dilution is recommended, except in low humidity and low contamination environments, when 100:1 should be adequate. Test various dilution ratios until flash rust is eliminated.
- Dust and other contaminants left after dry and wet abrasive blasting must be removed with ExpressBlasst-treated water.
- It is recommended to power wash with ExpressBlast-treated water at sufficient pressure and flow rates to dislodge dust and contaminants and prevent flash rusting.
- When using UHP water jetting equipment, consult equipment manufacturer concerning usage of Express Blast or other additives in their equipment. Use of DI (de-ionized) or RO (reverse osmosis) water may be required.
- For degreasing, a 50:1 dilution ratio is generally recommended but a higher concentration (25:1) and possibly increased water pressure may be necessary.
Precautions when using Express Blast:
- Hard water (high concentration of carbonates and other minerals), industrial or plant water, well water, river water, lake water and, in some cases, poor quality potable water can affect the performance of ExpressBlast. Call Express Chem for assistance.
- Avoid “pooling” of ExpressBlast-treated water. Blow away with clean, compressed air.
- Wear eye protection when handling this product. Flush eyes with clean water for 5 – 10 minutes should contact with ExpressBlast occur. Inhalation of vapor of Express Blast may be harmful to some individuals. See doctor if problems occur.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not mix with other chemicals
- Do not store below 24°F (-4°C) to avoid freezing chemicals. See current ExpressBlast SDS for full list of precautions prior to use.
Hold tight 102
Blue Dog Blasting SKU: